DIY Doll Floppy Hat

 Today, I'm going to do my best to show you how to make the floppy hat shown above. This DIY can easily be done with a needle and thread. I have used a sewing machine to cut down on time.
 You will need:
•2 pieces of soft felt
•Pins
•Sewing Machine OR Needle and Thread
 First, you will need to cut your pieces from the felt.
If needed, connect short one side of the rectangle piece.
Pin long strip to edge of circle right sides together. Sew along this curve. Then, sew together the other short side of the rectangle.
Pin "donut" shape to the edge of the top part of the hat/ long side of the rectangle. Sew along this curve.
Flip right side out, and press/ top stitch as needed. You are done with the basic hat! (I hopefully didn't confuse you too much!)
Now you may add anything you like to the hat. Down below are some examples on how to style the hat. You can find more pictures on my Instagram @project_ag_runway




Comments

  1. This is really cute! I'll have to make one sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, this looks so cute and easy! Thanks for sharing this - I love it! I have some random felt pieces that would be perfect for this. I am totally going to make it whenever I get my sewing stuff out again!

    Madison

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's definitely a quick and easy project! Can't wait to see what you make!

      Delete
  3. How stylish! My light-skinned dolls NEED this so they don't get sunburned. :D Thanks for the tutorial!
    <3 , IrishAG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No thank you! Can't wait to see what you create!

      Delete
  4. Im planning to make this, but i didnt understand...where does the short rectangle strip come in? Also when im cutting the patterns out, do i cut one long rectangle strip, and then make a second one half the length?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Maria! You must cut two of the short rectangles or one long rectangle to form the hatband.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog